Our customer picked up this Mazda Tribute as a daily runabout and winter vehicle but could not stand the factory CD/cassette deck. The FM tuner was going bad and he wanted something with a lot more connectivity for not too much money. We installed this Pioneer MVH-S312BT single din receiver with a Metra dash kit that gives him a single din size pocket to put a phone, wallet, or anything else that fits! For under $300 installed, this deck transforms the daily usability and enjoyment our customer gets out of this car.
Compared to the factory radio, this deck adds:
- Bluetooth connectivity for music streaming and handsfree calling (external mic installed by dashboard)
- USB Charging (1.5A) on the front fascia along with a 3.5mm auxiliary input
- FLAC Playback through USB by using an external thumb drive
- 14W x 4 RMS built-in amplifier with 13 band EQ to get the most out of his factory speakers
- 4V RCA preouts for adding future audio upgrades
Double din and other higher end receivers are definitely an option for this vehicle, but for many users, the MVH-S312BT already ticks more than enough boxes!